The SA-TIED programme will be in Brussels on the 18-19 of June for the European Development Days conference (EDD). The theme of this year’s conference is “Addressing inequalities: Building a world which leaves no one behind.”
SA-TIED is hosting a panel debate as a part of the EDD programme and representatives will be available throughout at an exhibit stand in the EDD Global Village.
The panel, “Critical challenges in reducing inequality — Learning from South Africa,” will feature
- Catherine Macleod — SA-TIED’s co-leader of the work stream on Turning the tide on inequality and Chief Director: Macroeconomic Policy for the National Treasury
- Rudi Dicks — Outcomes Facilitator: Employment and Inclusive Growth for the Department of Planning, Monitoring, and Evaluation
- Ingrid Woolard — Dean at Stellenbosch University and one of the principal investigators for South Africa’s National Income Dynamics Study
It will be moderated by Mr. Bernard Rey — Head of Cooperation for the Delegation to South Africa of the Directorate-General for International Cooperation and Development of the European Commission (DG DEVCO).
SA-TIED outreach at the conference will raise awareness on the critical challenges in reducing inequality in South Africa among the development community. SA-TIED is committed to supporting South Africa’s effort to reduce inequalities in line with global goals such as the Agenda 2030, Sustainable Development Goal #10.
In addition to sharing the latest original research on inequality in South Africa, SA-TIED will
- bring a policy maker’s perspective to the conversation during the lab debates
- feature a photographic exhibit from the globally acclaimed Unequal Scenes project
- provide digital access to the World Income Inequality Database housed at UNU-WIDER
- and engage participants in a pedagogical activity designed to improve understanding of income inequality metrics
The EDD brings together 4,500 organizations, features over 100 unique development programmes or projects in its Global Village, hosts over 42,000 participants, and features 2,670 speakers. It has been Europe’s leading forum on development since 2006.
Come find SA-TIED in Brussels at:
EDD Global Village — Stand 1
Tour and Taxis Conference Center
Avenue du Port 86C
1000 Bruxelles, Belgium